Augusta Teeth Whitening, Dental Implants, Veneers
From whitening to sports mouthguards, Cosmetic and Family Dentistry is equipped to handle all your restorative and cosmetic dentistry needs. To help you understand your options, we’ve included descriptions of some of our leading services on this page.
- Tooth Colored Fillings
- CEREC CAD/CAM same visit onlays and crowns
- TMJ and headache treatments
- Root Canal Therapy
- Scaling and Root Planing
- Sports Mouthguards
- ClearCorrect Invisible Braces
- Saliva Testing
- Dry Mouth Therapies
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Sports Mouthguards
Initial Oral Examination
Your initial oral examination includes a visual examination, charting, periodontal probing, diagnosis and treatment recommendations. We will also take x-rays, which includes the panoramic x-ray for proper diagnosis of the anterior (front) and posterior (back) teeth as well as the bite-wing x-ray series for proper diagnosis of proximal decay of posterior teeth.
Our office believes in a modern preventive philosophy. We take the time to explain any problems or dental concerns we discover. Our preventive procedures and education provide many solutions for your oral health. The computer software we use allows us to compare and monitor all aspects of your health. The office provides many procedures from comprehensive exams, to dry mouth therapies to fluoride varnishes.
- Dental Sealants
- Comprehensive and Regular Checkups
- CAESY Patient Education System
- Effective Fluoride Treatments
- Modern Oral Cancer Screenings
- Laser Light Cavity Detection
- Sports mouthguards
- Dry mouth therapies
- Oral DNA Labs
Implants are synthetic structures that are placed in the area of the tooth normally occupied by the root. Implants are anchored to the jawbone or metal framework on the bone and act as a foundation for an artificial tooth or permanent bridge. In some cases, implants can be used to attach dentures.
Bonding is a process in which an enamel-like material is applied to a tooth`s surface, sculpted to an ideal shape, hardened, and then polished for an ideal smile. This procedure usually can be accomplished in a single visit.
Crowns and Bridges
Crowns are synthetic caps, usually made of a material like porcelain, placed on the top of a tooth. Crowns are typically used to restore a tooth's function and appearance following a restorative procedure such as a root canal. When decay in a tooth has become so advanced that large portions of the tooth must be removed, crowns are often used to restore the tooth.
Whitening procedures have effectively restored the smile of people with stained, dull, or discolored teeth.The darker tissue of your teeth, the dentin, can become exposed as the outer layer of enamel is worn away by the effects of aging or things like caffeine and tobacco.
Simple toothaches can often be relieved by rinsing the mouth to clear it of debris and other matter. Sometimes, a toothache can be caused or aggravated by a piece of debris lodged between the tooth and another tooth. Avoid placing an aspirin between your tooth and gum to relieve pain, because the dissolving aspirin can actually harm your gum tissue.
Our goal is to help you to minimize the risk of emergency treatment. This is why we commit a generous amont of time designing a Lifetime Treatment Plan that will help you to offset the possibility of unforseen pain or tooth breakage.
- Professional Dental Products - We carry many professional products that help with Dry mouth, Bad breath, High cavity rates and Improving hygiene and periodontal disease.
- Diet Analysis – To find which foods are causing problems for your teeth and gums and which foods and supplements will help your oral health.
- Prompt referral to specialists
- Help with Dental Insurance - Our office accepts standard payments and dental insurance and we will help you get the benefits from the insurance you deserve. We also accept payment from an outside source such as Carecredit. Our front desk can help to apply for the service.